Monday, July 11, 2011

Quick & Easy Spagethi Blog-naise....enough time for me to cook and even blog about it

Before I begin, I know some of you out there will say that this isn’t genuine, authentic spaghetti bolognese (or bolognaise if you’re French). That’s why, notice the deliberate spelling error...in the title.
 





What you would need :
  • Pasta (spaghetti)
  • Tomato Paste
  • Any type of meat (I did not have any in the fridge, so I took out a burger patty)
  • 1 Garlic
  • whatever herb you have in the fridge - I had basil and I used it.
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • One luxury item- A packet of cream
  • Soak your spaghetti in a bowl of water for around 10 minutes. By soaking it first, you shorten the  cooking time.
  • Mince your meat patty. Add some seasoning if you wish to.
  • Put the spaghetti soaking water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add salt.Remember to cover the pot, and you can reduce the heat once it starts to boil.
  • Heat up your olive oil in a pan and start frying your garlic and mince meat, and make sure it gets cooked.
  • Add your tomato paste 
  • When sauce starts to simmer, add the cream, then stir to make a consistent sauce.
  • Season accordingly.

Most people do not add cream, but I feel that it gives the dish, a luxurious texture and feel, not to mention taste. The use of the basil also adds a punch to the dish, with its tangy taste. Since the dinner was for my son, I try to minimize the veges, only because he hates them, and will definitely pick them out. I know, I know, I am not being a good mom...

While serving , top up with parsley or coriander, and grated cheese. Simply delicious and does not take too much time.

You might also like :
1.LUXURIOUS PASTA- My Pride & Joy
2.A Fresh Family Dish - Chicken Meatball Spaghetti

No comments: