Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Instant Roti Canai or Paratha

 Well, another simple meal formula....It is easy to go out and grab some roti canai. But it is healthier to take one frozen piece from the fridge and fry it myself. I bought the Kawan Puff paratha from Giant, which I would say is pretty good. Just take the frozen dough, and allow it to defrost for a while. Heat up the pan (here I used the pan that we Indian use to make thosai). I chose to add ghee, to add some luxury to it. You do know that in most shops, they use majerine...yucks. Toast it over the hot pan, add more ghee if you want.Turn it a few turns and tadaaa…puffy pratha done to perfection.

Now, how do you want to have your roti canai. It such a diverse dish, that you can eat it with anything, if you put your imagination to it. Just look at all those mamak stall, and how they serve the roti canai. Anyway let's keep it simple here... I cooked prawn and drumstick curry, so my boy chose to have that option.

I, however, had mine with sugar. Well, there you go, one of our national dish-The Roti Canai...

No comments: