Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easy Peasy Pie

I have been feeling very,very lazy lately, but the ambitious character in me wanted to make a pie for the family.There aren’t much foods in the fridge so whatever I could find, I dump them into this  pie.I cooked through all the pie fillings and hence, I just need to bake the puff pastry till it puffs up and turn a nice golden brown.
I took the burger patty and mashed it to make mince chicken meat, mushrooms and some basil leaves.Season with a little oyster sauce, salt, pepper, two teaspoon of cornflour and some herbs if you have. Stir fry them.

First fill up the bottom layer with the puff pastry.Boil  eggs and half them. Boil some potatoes too. Fill up the bottom of the dish with puff pastry.


Now arrange the cooked fillings, eggs and potatoes. Mix egg and cream, and pour them onto the dish.Sprinkle some cheese if you like.

.As I am using tiny squares of puff pastry, I arranged them as above. I used Kawan brand. I give the top an egg wash, press the sides to the baking dish and then, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.I baked the pie for about 30 minutes at 200 deg Celsius. It turns out so lovely and really tasty.
Puff pastry all golden brown...what a beautiful sight.
See the mushrooms, and cheese and potatoes...all minced chicken..lovely...


The results was a beautiful, fabulous pie, with generous amount of filling, and cheese oozing out....Yummy!!
Look at the amount of the filling inside

You can make the pie more nutritious by adding vegetables like asparagus, carrots, french beans or broccoli. I, however, just grabbed whatever I have in my fridge and it works well too.

You can make any version of a pie to your liking, spicy ones, seafood, fish pie and so on. Maybe the next time, I want to try a seafood pie.

The combination of the crispy puff pastry, the slow baking of the ingredients mixed with milk and egg alone make whatever you put into the fillings tasty.

No comments: