Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dinner at Cincin Restaurant, Kluang

I was back home in Kluang last week, for a family dinner. It was the day of my brother's registration and my dad wanted to give a "makan" session for his non-Indian friends. We booked 3 tables in Cincin Restauarnt for the event. Friends, and family gathered for this rather small dinner party. Let's look at our first course...

For the first course, we were served with the Assorted Cold Dish Platter as our appetizer...with jelly fish salad, otak-otak, something that looked like siew mai(don't mind me, I am not Chinese), kam heong chicken, stuffed wan-ton...and all of these were pork free. Amongst all of it, we enjoyed the otak-otak, and the jelly fish salad.

The chef recommended the Steamed Herbal chicken, which unfortunately, we did not enjoy. Well, being Indians, we found it too bland. But somehow, the kids enjoyed it. The thing is, the chicken was stewed or steamed for a long time, that resulted it in being so tender and moist, and it had a tinge of herbal taste to it. Actually, it did taste good, but not to our palates.

Next, was the spicy, Assam Fish, simply mouth-watering by the looks of it. I was pleasantly surprised by the tenderness, and freshness of the fish. The gravy was so tasty that my brother-in-law ordered additional steam rice to go with it. can't help being an Indian!

 Next came in the vegetable dish, broccoli, oyster mushroom and abalone,which we all gobbled up. Man, the abalones were so delicious!

It was followed by our favorite-the Yam Basket.  Definitely the dish of the night in my opinion.

The next 3 dishes were not really worth remembering, although I only took the photo of the Pei pa Duck. It was slightly off for being over-roast so the meat tasted hard and dry. Personally, I prefer the Crispy Duck served in Star Lounge.Definitely a zero for presentation, or should I say, a negative. Just look at how scary the dish looked.
But at the end of the day it was a happy event for the family, regardless of the food.
Happy Bride & Groom - Umah & Regan
Me, Sister and little niece
You might also like :

No comments: