Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tea Time Snacks

I shall put up some local favourite snacks of Malaysia. Very scrumptious as tea time snacks, but not the common ones, though.

Above is the "Steam otak-otak" that I had bought from a Chinese stall. It was very meaty, indeed. Look at the chunks of fish, and seafood(but plse don't mind, there not so clear photo). Otak -otak is a savoury "cake" made of fish or seafood mix. It is traditionally served fresh, and it wrapped inside a banana leave.


Apam balik, is a common Malaysia delicacy is sort of like a pancake. The Apam Balik version that I like is t filled with sweet peanuts, and sometimes sweet corn too.

The other one that I had was "Ham Chin Ping"/Savoury Pancake with Red Bean Paste(I hope I got that right), This fried round pancake is a popular hawker or street food. It's also eaten by many Chinese Malaysian as the breakfast food.
 Eaten piping hot, it is just so delicious with the black bean paste, oozing out.

On the other plate, I had ondeh-ondeh and I don't know what is the other snack called, but it is filled with peanuts. Ondeh-ondeh is actually glutinous rice balls, filled with brown sugar and covered with coconut flakes.

These delicious local cakes best serve with hot tea or coffee.

You might also like :
1.Best Currypuffs I have eaten from a humble stall

No comments: