Friday, March 4, 2011

Tapioca Cake, Something We Used To Have During Tea Time in Those Days

I remember when I was little, I used to help my mom to make this cake. As I grew older, I completely forgot about it. All of a sudden, I had a craving for tapioca cake, and my thoughts went back into the time when I was a kid. To tell you the truth, I don't think my son has ever tasted tapioca before, and I think
it is time to introduce it to my kid now.



This tapioca cake, or more commonly known as "bingka ubi kayu", can be commonly found within the "nyonya kuih"/ nyonya desserts/cakes. I am not sure, but I think it is originated from the Nyonyas.

 Here is the recipes I go through mesranet:
Ingredients :
3 cups of grated tapioca
1 cup of grated coconut
3 eggs
1 1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup of coconut cream
250gm  butter
pandan juice for colour

I baked the cake at 300C for about 45 mins. The results was a nice and tasty cake, but honestly, I was not happy with the texture. It did not set quite well, but other than that, it tasted great. The next time I bake this cake, I will have to make some alterations. If anyone has tips on how to improvise the texture, kindly comment.
You might also like :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious to eat!