Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vegetarian Thursdays.... Elegant, simple meal of soft tau-fu and Portabelo mushrooms

I have abstained myself from eating meat on Thursdays. It is more for religious purposes, but then again, it is beneficial to the health too. Somehow, being vegetarian limits us, but that is, in fact, a myth. So, in order to beat the odds, I make my Vegetarian Thurdays as interesting as possible, for myself.

This is what I had for lunch. Soft tau-fu with minced Portabelo mushroom. Tasty, and yet healthy, a perfect meal for those who are on a carb free diet. I just used Portabelo mushroom, because these mushrooms are meatier, and you won't feel deprived of the meat in your meal. Chopped garlic, vegetarian oyster sauce, salt and pepper were also added to the minced/mashed tau-fu. And finally top it up with olive oil, and put it on the steamer.


Add the minced portabelo mushrooms, chopped garlic, oyster sauce, salt, pepper and olive oil.

And that was my lunch for the day....simple, elegant and healthy.

No comments: