Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekend Banana Cake

It is was the weekend, and running through my blog, suddenly made me realize that I had somehow, along the hustle and bustle of career filled life, lost my passion to cook. So I decided that I must rekindle the spirit to cook and bake. So, hurried through the kitchen and found 2 overly ripe bananas, and off to the pantry and found all that I needed for a banana cake.

So here it goes...Mash the 2 bananas and keep it aside. In a saucepan, slowly heat up half a block of butter, about 125g, with 3/4 cup of sugar (I used brown sugar because I had loads of it), and vannila essence.

Take it off the fire, and add in the bananas, 1 egg, 2 1/2 cups of flour and 1/4 cup of fresh milk. Mix them all well.
Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius, and bake for about 40 mins. Of course, you will need to check to confirm the cake is cooked well.
After 40 mins, voila....this is what you will get...



A delicious way to use up any over-ripe bananas you have lying around. The cake turned out to be incredibly moist and fruity. Enjoy it with a cup of tea !




No comments: