Tuesday, March 19, 2013

1000 Layer Cake from Malacca

To tell you the truth, I have never heard about the 1000 layer cake from Malacca, until my husband made a trip recently. He called me and asked me if I wanted to try the cake.This famous cake is from Nadeje Cafe in Malacca, which specializes in mille crepe, a French cake made of many layers. Mille, means a thousand in French, but I don't know if it really has 1000 layers. Well, count if you can :)

The cake comes in many flavour, where only the top layer is flavoured. The cake is rather creamy,and really filling. I could hardly finish a piece. The interesting this is although there were many, many, many layers, but it held the cake together. Even if you plunge the fork in, the cake does not collapse.



The above is Praline flavoured cake.


This is the Mocha flavoured cake., alternate mocha crepe and sweet cream.


No comments: