Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Delicious @ 1 U

Delicious in 1 U is also another favourite hangout with my fellow friends, simply for the wonderful dessert and really delicious cuisine. However, the only setback is the service which needs way, way more improvement. So now let's just look into the good part, which is the food....Some of my favorite dishes are :

Crispy Fried Mushrooms with Aioli - RM15.90
The mushrooms are deep fried, and coated which just enough of batter, which keep the insides juicy and the outer part really crispy. I am a huge fan of mushrooms, so this dish is simply my favourite appetizer.

Teriyaki Chicken Burger on Crumbed Doughnut with Coriander Aioli & a side of Fries -RM24.90

A friend of mine tried the teriyaki burger, and commented that the patty was really compact with meat, and the teriyaki sauce had just the right amount of sweetness to it.
Pasta with Shitake Mushroom & Sundried Tomato - RM8.90
The good thing about Deicious is that they have a wide range of vegetarian choices which are equally delicious despite the lack of meat. The above pasta is a vegetarian dish among many more.This pasta, I think is with garlic olive oil.

Mushroom Mascarpone Spaghettini with Lemon Zest, Walnuts & Coriander-  RM25.90
I did not try this spaghettini, but this other vegetarian option is definitely highly recommended by my friend who tried it.

Pan-seared Crispy Skin Salmon served with Coriander Relish, Asparagus & Fried Potatoes-RM41.90
This was my dish for the day, and in my opinion, the salmon here is much better than Friday's option. The mint pesto or sauce was really, with just a hint of tanginess to it. I enjoyed the fried potatoes, which had a crips skin and soft insides.

Teriyaki Salmon Steak with stir-fried Soba noodles, Pea Sprouts & Asparagus - RM32.90
The other choice of salmon dish is under the Easter section, which is served in teriyaki sauce, and soba. I had this dish before, and it was good, but my "like" would go for the Crispy Skin Salmon with the yummy potatoes.


 Another favorite of mone is the Spicy Crabmeat Liguinne which I felt was really flavourful, especially with the arugulla, whihc infused the minty taste into this dish.
Another vegetarian option that we tried was the spagetthi with basil pesto, which is highly recommended.

Coconut Cake with Fresh Coconut Filling covered with Hawaiian Coconut Shavings -RM12.90


Despite the not so good service, a visit to Delicious is not a waste because of the food. Bear in mind, that it is a little bit on the pricey side, but it is okay to indulge yourself in a while.

I would definiitely make another trip for their desserts and maybe the breakfast menu!

No comments: