Monday, June 27, 2011

Taj Mahal- The Epitome of Love

I had always wanted to travel to the countries that hosted the 7 wonder of the world, and India and its Taj Mahal is one. I had made 2 trips to India, and missed this magnificent destination. But my third trip, I made it.

After spending 2 days in Varanasi (also wrote about this mystical place in my blog), I took the Maruthar Express to Agra. The train journey was alright, because it was an overnight trip, and we mostly slept through it. I have to caution you not to eat any of food sold on the train. Our Malaysian stomachs will not accept it. I bought some biscuits just to munch fro dinner and limited my water intake,because I did not want to visit the washroom.  The train arrived Agra at 5am in the morning, and we took an auto to Taj Mahal.          

Catching a slight glimpse of the Taj Mahal

View Through the Entrance
The moment I stepped into Taj Mahal, I was in awe. Just imagine the rays of the sunrise falling on this white marble mausoleum. Wow, what a view it was,simply breathtaking. Taj Mahal is the top tourist destination of India, and is truly like a heaven for the travelers. Just enter into Taj mahal and loose yourself in the magical charm of love and beauty. Whatever I write, will not enough to describe the beauty of this magnificent monument, a “symbol of eternal love”.
As you walk through the entrance, you catch this breathtaking sight of this magnificent monument. I am a monument/architectural freek, so I was definitely fascinated by this creation by the Moghul King. Regardless, of what he did to accomplish did, I still think this is one of the finest treasures India has, and if not for the Taj Mahal, we would wonder, if India would be as famous as it is today!

The design, the workmanship was so intricate, and you wonder, how did manage such a beauty in those days, without machines, and only handwork...Rubies, emeralds and other gems stones made up the tomb once. We were not allowed to take pictures inside, so I cannot show you those..

See the coloured stones on the walls, it is supposed to be made of gem stones..
I end with this...says all...
As described by the English poet, Sir Edwin Arnold -
“Not a piece of architecture, as other buildings are, but the proud passions of an emperor’s love wrought in living stones. It is a celebration of woman built in marble and that’s the way to appreciate it.”

You might also like :
 

No comments: