Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hey..I started Catering....Following My Passion!!

Well, I don't know if this post is actually about food, but , I will write anyway... It is about my passion. Years in the corporate world, I never felt happy, until I found my passion-COOKING. First, my interest surfaced when I came across reading food blogs. Last year, I embarked into writing them, which encouraged me to cook too.

Then the next step, which seems to be right would be.... Cooking commercially. I thought,  why not, do something that you are passionate about, and success will just roll in (of course, if a lot of hard work).

With the help of my ever-loving hubby, I have just started a small catering service, supplying food to office workers. Well, you see I love to cook, and I love people to savour my food. I still remember when there were days when I cooked somet dish that I was proud of, and literally forced my husband to invite his friedns to come and join us for dinner.

 So why not earn a little while I do it! I will not serve anyone food, that I would not personally eat.

Now, I have started cooking for 20-25 per day, and working on my costing, R&D on new menu and training myself to cook in a consistent standard. well, we have to start somewhere, don't we...So with God's grace, I starting, pursuing my passion..and see where it goes. Wish me the best!!

Some dishes that I have started on ....
Chinese Fried Rice
Nasi Goreng Ayam- Indian Style
Fish Fillet with Onions in Oyster Sauce

Meatball Spaghetti




No comments: