Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yeah, I finally attempted Nasi Ayam Penyet

I have tried the Nasi Ayam Penyet at various outlets, but the best is still in Banafee Village in JB. My mom, my sis, my aunts and I discussed about to recreate this dish. How ignorant of us! we could have just checked the internet, hahaha. It took me more that a year to even think of attempting this task. I did anyway, and now I think Banafee Village has just lost its spot because mine is better!!
Good, by my son's standards-which is very hard to achieve
It is actually very easy to prepare.
 MARINATE :
First marinate your chicken pieces in garlic-ginger-candlenut(buah keras)- lengkuas paste, grounded  toasted  coriander and cumin, one lemongrass, salt coconut milk (but I use evaporated milk instead) and tamarind juice. The secret is " the longer you marinate, the better it taste". After enough marination, boil the chicken pieces until super soft.
FRY:
Prepare a little corn flour/or any normal flour. I added a little chili powder and the cumin-coriander powder and salt into the flour, for taste. You know me, I just can't stick to the rules. Pat the chicken dry and slightly coat it with the seasoned flour. Immediately fry the chicken in the hot oil. Once you get the desired colour, take them off. You don' t have to worry because we have already cooked the chicken.

PREPARATION OR RAW INGREDIENTS:
Cut some long beans, cucumber, four angle beans, tomatoes, cabbage or any sort of ulam. I only had what is shown in the photo. Fry some tauhu and tempe- fermented bean cakes, which is a must have. Sambal belacan was made by my maid, which is just wonderful. She is the best in making sambal belacan.

I used normal rice, but some people cook the rice with the balance water from the boiled chicken. I shall try that some time.

Take the sinfully fried chicken, and dip into the ever so spicy sambal and add onto the steaming hot, fluffy rice, heaven.......heaven on earth. The best part, no need to be stingy, we have more than two pieces of tauhu and tempe, and enormous helpings of chicken to share...


No comments: