Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home Cooked Food ala Restaurant Style

Sometimes, you feel very "restauranty"( there is no such word, but it just to imply the days that you feel like cooking as if you own a restaurant), and you decide you want cook something to that effect. I took some time to research some recipes, and design a dinner, as if we were in a seafood restaurant. This is what I came up with....



















Butter prawns (on the left), salted egg crab(on the right) and deep fried, soya sauce fish.



My version of butter fried prawns. Not too bad for a first timer..

For this dish, I used siakap, known as white snapper. Simply deep fry the fish, and season with light soya sauce and oyster sauce. Of course, use lots of ginger, garlic and onion to add the complexity of the taste. After that, just garnish it, to look presentable. Simple and yet, classy...
My attempt to make salted egg crab as above. Well, it wasn't a disaster, but I am not sure, if it turned out as what it was supposed to be.

My humble attempt to accomplish a restaurant style dinner. Well, there were no complains, only family members with stomachs all filled up!

No comments: