Friday, March 25, 2011

My Favourite Jelly- 2 Layer Jelly

I am not a jelly fan, but I just lurrrrrrve my mom's 2 layer jelly, which I can keep on eating and eating and eating and eating..................x 1mil times. That's how much I love eating it.
The ingredients are very little:
Agar-agar/Jelly packet - Agar or agar-agar is a gelatinous substance derived from a polysaccharide that accumulates in the cell walls of agarophyte red algae.


Gula Melaka/Palm Sugar.-Palm sugar was originally made from the sugary sap of the Palmyra palm, the date palm or sugar date palm (Phoenix sylvestris). Now it is also made from the sap of the sago, arenga pinnata and coconut palms, and may be sold as "arenga sugar" or "coconut sugar".

1 egg, coconut cream, white sugar and pandan leaf



However, the trick is the consistency of the water against the ingredients and the timing, which I can't quantify. It only comes with practise and you don't know how many failed attempts I have to undergo, before I finally made it.

I poured the mixture into a baking tray and the remainder of it into little cups.

  After this jelly sets, you will be able to see the 2 layers. The top layer is the coconut cream and egg layer, and the bottom layer is the clear brown consisting of the palm sugar. I made mine a little light this time, so that it is not too sweet. You can make your as sweet as you like, by just changing the measurements accordingly.


You might also like :

No comments: