Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Spicy "Sambal Ayam"(Red Chili Chicken)

So I have this order from a friend, for Spicy, in fact extra spicy chicken sambal. Who does not like chicken sambal (I mean Malaysian of course). So I had to cook, of course, first for the house so my "guinea pigs" can try them first... and then for the order itself. So here it goes,
For the home- 1 st try
The dish that I cooked for home, was less spicy, because I had to consider my son's taste bud. But for the order. My Friend did specify that they wanted extra spicy, so I did that for them. It turned out exceptionally good. The gravy was thick and full of flavour, and when eaten with steaming hot rice, it was just enough. You don't need anything else...Yum-Yum

How to make this dish.

Heat up oil , and fry the garlic-ginger paste. Throw in lots of onions, and fry them until fragrant. Then add in the chilli paste. My chilli paste is precooked with shrimp paste - belacan, and lemongrass. I then add in one or two bird-eye chilli ( cili padi), kaffir lime leaves, just for the aroma. Mind you, these kaffir lime leaves can go magic to your dishes...seriously. It will simply be full of fragrance....

Once you are happy with the consistency of your sambal gravy, put in your pre-fried chicken, and let it cook through. I wanted the flavour to seep into my chicken so I took the mortar and my chicken pieces a friendly beating..hehehe...


No comments: