Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Feast at Lamma Island, Hong Kong-Rainbow Restaurant

I was in Hong Kong in August this year for a conference and we were invited for dinner at Lamma Island. It was interesting as we need to take a ferry ride to the island, which was about 30 mins of bumpy ride. But it well worth it.

It was a rather small island, and I was told by my local colleague that the famous Chow Yuen Fatt is from this island. To me it looked as if there were only restaurants but I may be wrong.

Now, let us look at the food we had.

I missed a good photo of the appetizers, but we had a great variety from century eggs, boiled prawns, pickled onions, stir fry bak choy and fried tofu.


The next dish that came in was stir fry prawns. It was good but I could not catch the way it was prepared. There was a hint of saltiness from butter, I think. 

Next we had the fish, stir fried with veges. Light and fresh is how I would describe it.


Then we had the noodles with crayfish, which was my favourite. The noodles had the flavour of the crayfish mixed into and it was so flavourful. More pictures on this..
Look at the size, my oh my! 

Then came the crab....which was really huge. But I can't say much because I did not try it. Just did want to get messy.

The second half of the fish came in and it was prepared differently but was equally good. This was the part of the head to the neck, and it was coated with some sort of flour, fried and then stir fried. This gave some crunchiness although it had sauce on it.

The next dish that was served was roasted chicken, which was a pretty sight for my Caucasian friend, and judging from the picture, you can guess why....

Lastly, we were served with fried rice which by then I had lost interested in eating., and of course photos. In short, the meal was scrumptious and we enjoyed every bit of it.

No comments: