Monday, July 11, 2011

Delicious Fried Rice for Supper...Anyone?

It was 11.00pm, and I was feeling hungry. This is definitely not a healthy supper option, but it was late and I had to make do with what I have.
Frankly, anyone can fry a decent fried rice because it is basically dumping whatever you have and mix the rice  in the wok action. Just don’t overdo the rice by adding too many fancy stuffs which tastes clash.

I had some leftover rice in the cooker, and I started by ransacking the fridge. The button mushroom that I bought from TESCO caught my eye, and so did the sweet-pea. Open the freezer, and there were some prawns. I had some basil leaves hidden somewhere, and some black fungus. All the interesting ingredients, and not what you normally use for fried rice.

Heat the wok, throw in the onions, mushroom, black fungus and prawns. Add a little fish sauce, oyster sauce and my already made sambal belacan. Add in the rice and basil leaves. Stir. Break in an egg. Stir, stir, stir, and add in the sweet pea. I looked around and saw some left over fried ikan bilis from dinner.

Garnish with the ikan bilis and spring onions. Serve will sambal belacan- yum yum. Not bad, huh, for something I cooked up at 11pm.

You might also like :

No comments: