Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lunch at Pantrie, Oasis Ara Damansara

Pantrie serves international western cuisine, and has a menu that showcases the best of Italian, English, French and American dishes. I would say this is one of the better places that I have dined and enjoyed.

It was a Saturday noon, and we arrived there at 12 noon. The place was empty and that immediately made us doubt about the food there. The waiter arrived with the menu and it looked interesting so why not !

I ordered creamed escargot, shelled escargot baked over spinach, topped with mozzarella and crusty breadcrumbs. What a divine tasting dish to start with . Just scoop the delightful cheesy escargot with just enough spinach and cheesy cream into your mouth and enjoy.



My son had the wild mushroom soup. It was good, light, though it was not my favorite. But there wad nothing to complain.

However, my son simply loved the braised lamb shank that was served on top of a blob of creamy mash potato. Tender to the bones and simply flavourful, a he kept raving over it.


But the star of the day was the vanilla creme brulee. Its silky smooth texture simply melts in your mouth.

Pantrie is a good place to head if you want to experience delicious western cuisine, nothing too fancy or over the top, but just hearty, wholesome food. And I should say the service is fairly good too.

No comments: