Sunday, August 3, 2014

Mr & Ms Cafe, Oasis Ara Damansara

 Mr. & Ms. Cafe is a cosy place which is perfect for a lazy weekend breakfast or brunch. The interior is pretty cosy and the staffs are very friendly. The breakfast menu offers a huge selection of western breakfast choices while the lunch menu which is available from 12pm onwards. I can' t comment for lunch because I did not try it. 

It was pretty crowded on the day that I went there, and I am sure this is the normal weekend crowd. Looking at the blogs, it seem to be one of the hottest breakfast or brunch spots. 
The decor was nice and had an urban touch, despite the dark wooden shelves and the traditional red brick walls. Added on with beautifully lit  filament bulbs, it creates a cozy ambiance. You can see along dainty little decorations such as flower pots and photo frames.

Enough said about the decor, let' s talk about the food. I had to have caffeine fix so I went along with my cappuccino while Joshua wanted his hot chocolate. Both added on to the comfy feeling that we 
already felt in the cafe. 




I ordered the eggs portobello, which fitted well, for me, as I love my mushrooms. to came with poached eggs on top two juicy portobello mushrooms. Served with feta, nuts lentis and grapes, I was surprised that the combination of textures and the sweet grapes just fitted so well. Imagine grapes, nuts and poached eggs, but yeah it worked ! Thick, tender and hearty, these meaty portobello mushrooms can replace your meat anytime.


My boy, however, ordered the Big Breakfast. It is complete with everything that you need,from toast, eggs, ham, herb chicken sausages, bacon, mushrooms & baked beans and not to forget tomatoes. You can choose you eggs  to be poached, scrambled or fried. The only sad thing, it was too big for him. I wish his dad was there to help him finish it up.


Definitely a brunch-tastic place to go after a very late morning. Try it ! 








No comments: