Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Glazed Salmon with Wild Rice and Roket salad




It has been long time since I blogged and since I experimented. So, I found this nice block of salmon, and I thought I better make good use of it. Ran through the net, and found something interesting and I improvised with whatever I could  find in the fridge.

Ransacked my fridge, and found pomegranate..hmmm...interesting, a pack of rocket. I opened a packet of rocket, and dropped some cherry tomatoes, and dressed it with balsamic vinegar and topped it up with pomegranate. Voila...a salad. The pomegranate were little rubies in the mix of green salad, not only pleasing for the eyes but gives a tangy taste and wonderful texture, making a boring salad bursting with flavour. I even got my son to eat the greens.

Next I put the wild rice to boil. The comes the salmon.... Pour some soya sauce (light) and mix in brown sugar to make a glazed. Season the salmon with black pepper, and then marinate it with the soya sauce and brown sugar mix. Be generous. Lastly, sprinkle sesame seeds and roast it in the oven as normal.

Once cooked, assemble your plate with the salad, mix the wild rice with the oil from the cooked salmon and plate them all...Oh yes, and of course, place a glass of white wine, right by its side...Classic....


No comments: